Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Making people write

Its been almost two months since I started blogging and its been fun to scribble whatever I have. For the past few days, my major bloggin activity has been to make people read my blog (albeit a bit forcibly) and something thats even tougher, making them register and start blogging.

Writing has to be a natural extension of reading cos; If you read stuff seriously about such varied topics as the Iraqi war for Oil to the Oil deals revealed under Volcker report, India's unstoppable juggernaut in cricket to the immovable soccer team, using drugs to pump ur triceps to doing drugs to forget your physical existence to what and what not...

If we read this and so much more so vociferously, wouldnt or rather shouldnt we be eager to express our opinions about the same? We write so much throughout our lives... so much of it forcibly.. remember all those assignments and workbooks and fair notes and essays and reports that we either wrote or copied... Filling those reams of paper never dettered us from further occupying even more space on our examination answer sheets... Whatever is a compulsion; we duly oblige. Why then do we procrastinate something that may provide us with great joy?

I seriously fail to understand the Human Mind ....

3 comments:

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

Really,
through blogging you can make your real self come out. It feels so good when some one hears you or reads your thoughts and expresses his feelings on it.

When I made my blog I told many of my friends to read it and forced my bro to read it, well no one was interested.

but later I was happy that they are not interested coz now I can write without any fear of my friends or near ones coming to know real me.As what I am in front of them is totally artificial avatar of me...

Oh thats too big for comment

Regards

punit said...

I completely agree. Two blogs down and I fel like I hav attained great heights. Blogs can be really helpful for someone like me who can easily get over her temparament by just clicking o the blog and writing something down.

Also, I definitely hope it wil give me a enough practice for my career.

Keep blogging!!!!

Shreyas! said...

Yeah blogging has made me think in a better way bout myself... n who knows this can lead to trail of golry...