Tuesday, April 08, 2008

What a game....

Always been a sports person... loved almost anything I watched and my stay in US was no different.. I got hooked big time to both basketball and American football.. moreso because College sports out here are a phenomenon to LIVE..

My team, the Gators, luckily is a great team. And that made me more aware about how college sports unveils...The amount of respect and fan-followin these guys have is so inspiring that if I ever were to settle here, I would wish my kid to definitely be active in sports.

Having said that, i was kinda bummed this time round as I wouldnt get to see any football. But to my great relief MARCH MADNESS was round the corner. For all those that dont know what I m saying... well, its this crazy college basketball tourney with the best 64 teams being selected and going through a crazy 3 week roller coaster to come up with the national champion.

I was really hoping for the Gators to make it through but they missed the cut and I was kinda turned off from watching the game. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise and since I didnt have any favorites any more... I was enjoying the games neutrally.

And a memorable tourney it was. The first time all No.1 seeds were in the Final Four. All storied college programs fighting it out.., The semi-finals were kinda damp but it threw out an interesting finals match-up
KANSAS v MEMPHIS.....

and what a game that has turned out to be,,, Jus done watching that. A complete yo-yo going forward and back all the time.. Exciting clutch shots, missing simple baskets.. leads changing hands, missed free throws and a last second three-pointer... whoa that want enuff.. we got an added overtime thrown in too... The underdog winning made it just sweeter... My heart bled for Memphis; having played magnificiently all through-out and having posted the best record ever... and to come so close (close enough to the last game)... and then we had Kansas... the winners.. the darlings...

and this is what makes sports so amazing.. I didnt know any names of any players or had no allegiance to any team and here i was ..absolutely roller coasting on a crazy ride of pure adrenaline and I was thrilled at the end of it..

Lov the college sports scene. I wish it were the GATORS though. :)

2 comments:

Rhombus Tomsen said...

liked football better, dunno why, don't like basketball.

Shreyas said...

@rhombus

me too.... but then gators r the champs rthr wr the champs in both.. so followed bt of them... but i love college sports scene better... its more passionate