Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Banned...

Well, that I havent had a post in the past 20 odd days is half my doing and half, the brilliance of soem overtly enthu brains in the Indian government; ably aided by few ISP's.

I generally dont take a stand immediately on any issue and like to listen to the logic provided by the people or organization opposing my views before I speak out. When I reached home on 14th.. Bombay was still reeling heavily under the weather, both thanks to the rains and the bomb-blasts. The mood was sombre and vibrancy of the air was slightly diminshed.

It was an unexpected homecoming for me too... Generally, I get greeted by roads busting on the seams and people in a fury that only other more furious people could handle... This time, however, I felt as if the city was more accomodating and understanding. It was silent and it bemoaned me to play my silent part too.

I reached home and stories from all and sundry filled in. Sumone in the building was hurt; others had seen the whole blasts and were petrified and few more had lost faith in the safety quotient the city once very famously touted...

I thought this was nerve-wrecking and decided to write about it... But sumthing was eerie about the way the globe spun on my netscape browser as I typed in my blogsite identity. It wasnt gonna open. These were going to be feelings better left supressed. I tried a few other regular sites I am used to but encountered the same error. I cursed my connection and returned back to the follow-up news of the incident...

Thats when news poured in.. Blog sites are banned. They may be carrying sensitve information; it was said. I took it at face-value, admiring the intelligence agencies on such speedy work...

But then it struck me. Why my site? why a lot others like me? what differentiates the written word from being voicing a protest to perpetrating a crime? These are questions i am clueless about and answers that would take a lot of time to b answered........

No comments: