Monday, May 22, 2006

Gadget frenzy

I have one of the cheapest pieces of electronic junk popularly called the TORCH that I use to call people and communicate via messages... It looks shamelessly ragged but I love it. Firstly, no one tries to flick it and a cell like that shouts " I am broke", hence friends never ask me for a small favor... Pick pockets veer clear of me lest they wanna risk their reputation for a little small money....

However, this has not stopped me from marvelling at the gadgetry available... Sleek mobiles which carry all but your lunch boxes within... TV s that are flatter than the notebooks we carried to school... Laptops that process things almost before you type them in.... Pencil shaped I-pods that store anything close to 1000 high quality music albums...
The list is never ending and sky seems to be the only limit (mayb not even that) to what the human mind may come up with...

Mayb the next biggest challenge maybe creating human beings who are unbiased and love rest of humanity irrespective of caste, color, religion, sex, money, power.... Now would that be possible sumtime in my living future????

I doubt it.... A 1100 just doesnt impress one as much as a N90 any more; so what if the messages and calls from the former are way sweeter....

No comments: