Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Random things about myself....

This might not be a pretty write-up... it can get corny, funny, ridiculous, dumb or whatever... cos I am writing this one in a free flow... Kinda listing out my idiosyncracies; if you like... I came across this blog written by some girl which made her list 20 random things about herself; I liked the idea and picked up the tag...

I hope this one's a balance between my qualities but I cant put a number to it.... Here goes...

1} I like to sing in my loo; that too the most soulful of ghazals and old romantic or sad songs...I feel like I am the classic crooner with a voice so silken that girls wud rain left, right and center over it...

2} I love playing with earthworms and cockroaches... Catching a roach's whiskers gives me an awesome kick...

3} I am scared, i mean shit scared of stray dogs and I shiver at their very sight when I encounter them at night, especially if I am alone...

4} I would like to think that I cook fairly decent but I just hate the cutting of vegetables charade... Overall, messier the work involved more is my love for it...

5} Exercising was invented as a form of exorcism for humans who didnt demonstrate any visible traits of being haunted... I hate it from the bottom of my heart and can think of any and every excuse to avoid it...

6} Equal to my hate for exercise is my love for sport... I would and generally try any sport on display... Even if I am amazingly lousy at most of them; I would still go and play it... I have spent most of my vacations playing one or the other games... right from cricket and soccer to chor-police, aaba-dhoobi, i-spy etc.... I am not so fond of Bowling though and I prefer karting any day....

7} I feel that I understand people very easy and can relate to all and sundry... I demonstrate that typical leo trait of guarding my friends and family and wouldnt mind a face-off with anyone for the same....

8} I believe in tough love and would make a very demanding boss... More than individualistic glory I love the team spirit at my workplace...

9} I can eat and I mean it... If I love the food, trust me to finish it... I hate seeing food being wasted and make an effort to stop it... My face gives away my hurt when I see such acts....

10} Anything in life should be VFM (value for money) for me... By this I dont mean that things should be cheap but they should provide that sort of comfort, luxury, brand visibility and confidence once we spend on those... for eg I hate spending 100 bucks on miniscule chicken chilly in Nandinis but I can spend 300 for a sizzlers at Kobe for that ambience and food quality...

11} I love chaat and roadside junk.... I can go any lengths to eat a Vadapav.... I drink any and every sort of water( though nowadays I have become lil circumspect about it)....

12} I have always been more popular in my peer group than I imagined... the biggest shock was becoming the CR in final yr engg class based on a voting system... I almost fell off my chair...

13} I have a knack for mixing drinks... I have concocted weird combos and knocked myself out a few times..

14} Hyprocrisy is one thing I genuinely abhor.... we all are hypocrites at some level but some people just over do it... I cant line-mark what I believe is hypocritical behavior but I sense it when I see it and I generally avoid accquaintance with the likes...

15} I see " Lal Baai" once in a while and though I am not scared of it nowadays; it does give me a few sleepless nights...

16} I work as and when needed, though my grasping powers good; I would hardly make an effort to enhance my knowledge and this attitude does hurt me once in a while..

17} I would like to think I am a good leader and silent force behind any and every team that I am a part of... Overall, throughout my final yr project and MS projects and even now at my work... I feel I have always gelled in well...

18} I can see TV 24*7..... sports and music channels are my soul food but even discovery and zee and sony and such stuff can be watched... If nothing else, News channels can also keep me hooked on...

19} I cannot handle extremely close cricket matches in which India is involved... I generally run temperatures which subside soon enough... However, those final overs are not my cup of tea...

20} I am very forthright.. sumtimes to the point of being brutal.. I call a spade a spade and dont mind risking my head if I believe I am right... I love arguements espcially the ones which are strong and sensible and can carry on all night long... I hate when people present vague justifications for their comments (though I am guilty of doing the same once in a while)....

21} I have this vision that I could have been the next Harsha Bhogle if I had taken the chance.... I also feel if I ever make a movie it would be a mad caper a la Hyderabad blues... My biggest dream however has always been a chain of coffe shops like CCD but even bigger and better... Only problem being no money in my jeb...

22} I have had an amazing head-on crash in my car and I felt life would end... But I had no recollections or my life didnt flash by as they say....

23} Lifes too big to list in article but I would like to end at point 23.... Thats Michael Jordan's jersey number... my most favorite sports personality.....

7 comments:

Kausum said...

awww ... got more knowledge abt you than I wished for. But u didnt write one random thing

You write more blogs in a day then anyone.

Btw CR in final year mein .. u had external support too. Aakhir, they needed a fall guy and we needed a fall guy.

Rays Of Sun said...

oh nice..raoches:O I mean roaches:O
Earthworms..I mean earthworms:O
Wierdo:P:P
I m scraed of dogs too..stray or domesticated!!!
Could agree that you can be a toughie:)
And what exactly is Lal Baai???

Shreyas said...

Kausum
# well shall censor myself the next time.. and tats what i mean by saying.. i had random support i also didnt know abt...

Rays of Sun
# thy r also living beings... i only fear stray dogs... LAL BAAI is like a movie me ka bhoot in red saree... and btw whn was i tuf with u...aww.. i to said i love u :P

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

Cockroaches...aieee...na baba na.I still fear it.
You too hate cutting vegetables...arre me too seriously.Specially peeling of potatoes is a big pain.

Vada Pav is my all time fav.I miss it.You dont get that thing in Delhi.During my engineering years I was addicted to Vada Pav.My breakfast,lunch,dinner everything consisited of Vada Pav.

punit said...

naturally, got to know a lot abt you. dun worry wont judge u. i hate judging others. but a good flow of randomness

Sharvari said...

I am followin ur trend...

Shreyas! said...

Ramndom things are pretty organised... Gotta know a lot lot bout ur way of life... N whn u vl become rich n famous M sure ppl vl follow it as an doctrine of successful ppl...
Not kidding...