Monday, June 05, 2006

The promise of the unknown........

Bacardi breezers, bacardi white rum and all other bacardi products were swirling in my mind as my friend woke me at the peak of my post-sleep revelry as I rolled in my bed. The very idea was mind-blowing. He had been the chosen one in the Bacardi " Creatures of the Night "survey hosted by some never-heard-of marketing agency and he had been accosted the privilege of inviting a few of his friends too.

The images he had created the previous night were still making me reel; posh night-club, amazing crowd, the whos-who of the Bangalore party circuit and some hot host who would take care of the privileged winners. I wanted to thank my drunkard friend with a ceremonial bath of some more of the divine waters for this amazing stroke of luck he had produced from nowhere to brighten our so-very-mundane weekends.

Imagining and anticipating the kinda shoulders we might be rubbing at the club we wore our smartest best and teamed them up with the latest glares available in the market. If nothing else we were promised a good time with the latest offerings from Bacardi and other amazing gifts which may include anything from a weekend stay at Goa to an amazing luxury cruise in Asia's best liners...

It all seemed too good to be true; I mean people got lucky but they definitely didnt ever carry our countenance and even if Lady Luck had one shot too many of her Bacardis; why would she choose us along with my inerbiated friend to shower her blessings on? It didnt add up but my heart over powered my head, thanks in no small measure to the amazing marketing strategies my friend put to good use for the first time after his MBA... The allure of free booze or a cruise liner trip along with the real Page 3 crowd blinded me and I tagged along.....

No comments: