Friday, June 16, 2006

Movies...

I have been a keen follower of movies and it always surprises me when people ask me how I liked one. Now, I dont really know what to say because arent movies or art supposed to be like a personal choice...

What I like neednt necessarily be your zenith of creativity and vice versa... I like to spend three hours or whatever the length of the movie is... totally bereft of my personal concerns. If a movie helps me achieve that, then its good enough for me. This is my only necessary and sufficient condition for a movie. And the more outrageous and unbelievable the plot even better... It totally draws me away from realms of reality and takes my mind to another place...

That's eutopia for me... I like Govinda movies for the same reasons... Though cinematically they may be in tatters, thy entertain me with their lack of logic and reasoning for three hours... Good enough; works just right for me...

So the next time you want my opinion whether to watch a movie; this is what i would most probably say: Hey it was Ok; I liked it.. Good enough for a one-time see...

As to what it means: I will watch any damn movie... If you wanna join in, feel free. More the merrier.... If your movie tastes r very refined, wait for the review and hedge your bets...If you are a loser, forget movies... they cost way too much to satiate any of ur thirsts.. Go grab a beer instead....

2 comments:

punit said...

wait till u read my blog...thanx for writing on this topic..we got a good topic for discussion

Kausum said...

Do u want to read the review of movies like Bhooka Sher etc ...

View the blog http://badmaksh.blogspot.com

Its written by a friend of a friend of mine.