Monday, June 05, 2006

Bacardi Losers........

PS: PLEASE READ "PROMISE OF THE UNKNOWN" AS THE PRECURSOR TO THIS...

Tag along we did (my friend was smart enough to fool not just me but a teetotaler as well)... However, the very first shadows of doubt crept in my mind as soon as we entered the rick and my friend appeared dumbfounded tryin to explain the obscurest of locations on the city's road network. If this was a posh club, how did the rick guy not know it?

Other questions soon found their way clearing the cobwebs of the promised goodies:
Why are we going to a night club in the early hours of the evening?
How have I never heard of this place which hosts the most amazing club from anyone in this 2 years of existence in Bangalore?
What kind of gift would we get; if any?
Who is the real sponsors of this mega event?
These basic existential queries pointed harder and harsher at my gullibility in falling prey to my friends promise of eutopia.

I was lost in these thoughts when suddenly the rick stopped and our man Friday shouted; " UTARO..AAGE RASTA BLOCK HAI"... We were gonna walk to this destination if we wanted to reach it; the only hindrance being that no creature worthy of verbal communication had ever heard of this paradise on earth....Frantic calls from my friend to our supposed hot hostess revealed we just mixed our directions and would have to walk for about 20 minutes to make it to our dreamland...

Having come this far and dressed so nice; this mere glitch wasnt gonna spoil my evening. Women and power(my out of these world gifts) were going to take notice of this smiling dude. I would be my charming best; I promised myself...My legs were aching but my heart was going on... and thats when it happened... The designated location came into sight...

This couldnt be true... where was the night club and bevy of beauties and the free flowing booze???? My friend was the LUCKY WINNER..dammit... he couldnt be possibly conned to come to this irreverent lodging premises. Forget a classy hotel; this was much more a congregated bunch of shanties. Our clothes were so misplaced for the hotel that people gave us the most dumbfounded looks... It was such a horribly maintained place that forget the party circuit; even the person with the least self-pride wouldnt have entered this premise... Our only companions other than the mice seemed to be shady truck drivers and people scurrying around for a quickie......

We were tricked and royally at that.... The only ounces of support came from other fellow simpletons who had fallen prey. The only silver lining was that we still could get amazing gifts but the hope was fast dwindling...Soon it was clear that WE wouldnt get gifts rather HE(my friend) would... I believe we were used as moral supports for my friend in this "dumb gets dumber beforing turning dumbest" moment thanks to some divine intervention and our lust for super-freebies...

Our only hope: our friend got something amazing but the hope had floated away into the moist air. The dark clouds were perfect symbols of our gloom and the drizzling told the state of our hearts. Our hot hostess was working for the event organizer's call center and guiding us to this crap. The only female species present there were on tattered calendar posters and movie magazine covers... And the gift... Oh my God... the big gift.... well, it was none of the exotic variety for sure... Forget Goa and cruise liners, we didnt even get a peg of bacardi to douse our flaming hearts... Instead we got one set of the super-cheapest water glasses which are available in the market for a max of 50 bucks.... maybe to cry our hearts out and collect them in these piece of art...or else " CHULLU BHAR PANI ME DUBNE ke liye" these glasses would be apt...

We were being owned and it was all our greed that could be blamed... We had to take it on the chin, smile and head back home... Yeah, as if this was not shameful enough.... The rain gods had joined in all their might to watch us turn from Bacardi Creatures 2 Bacardi Losers....

1 comment:

Sharvari said...

hahaha....But atleast they dint tell u to participate in some scheme!