Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nightmares come true....

Tuesday was like any other normal, mundane ultra boring workday; the likes of which I have endured countless times for the past 2-3 yrs. Traffic on the roads made me recollect my worst nightmares of being trapped in bottomless pits and staying put till eternity gobbles me away.

Finally, after yomen struggle and tugs and pulls, I landed at work... the dress looking evry bit as tattered as a crumpled love letter which the heart-broken lover couldn't tear apart cos it had his sweetheart's name. Hair disshelved; I turned on my PC hoping there was no work slated for the day so that I could go catch the Pak-SL match. However, by now, i should have realized that I am not the one chosen for small favors.

Work and crappy one at that was queued up. It was gonna be a long day. I started, grudingly sifting through files and updating the documents, gathering metrics and doing whatnot rushing through my work. Combined breakfast with lunch to avoid time wastage and kept an eye on the watch as the sun started it journey back to Darkness center. 7:15 was the last shuttle and I was not going to risk it. I had already paid the price for being too dedicated to the job the other night, shelling 200 bucks to get home.

Thats when the mail trickled in. One of my worst fears was unfolding thru those black letters. The VOLVO that carried me daily... riding more its luck than the wheels, teasing death not only for us but also the roadside commuters had finally cracked under pressure. What was always a what if kinda fear was finally a dark reality.

The mail read: 2 dead and 20 injured in a VOLVO bus crash at HAL. Irate mob burns down the bus. The road is closed.

Mob fury had reared it ugly head following this incident. Commuters were stranded on either sides of the city and a normal journey that takes 45 minutes was excruciatingly slowed down to a 2 hr experience. Poor commuters nd people on the road were subject to inconvinience for someone whose life -mantra might hv insipred folks @ Need for Speed (NFS) center. My travelling nightmare ws no more just tht...

2 comments:

Kausum said...

Dont worry, I too have my travelling nightmares and I am doing the driving!

tear said...

Talking of travelling nightmare...eve travelled in a blueline bus...... they should be given a special prize for incurring relegious beleif because from teh point of time ur journey commeneces u JUST PRAY to reach home SAFELY