Friday, April 21, 2006

Understanding books...

Whenever I read profiles of people, one hobby or interest prominently stands out...

Reading--- evryone reads... got me thinking a bit.... most of my friends are literate enough to read and educated enough to understand what they were reading. We all read numerous books to get through our graduations. Some are prescribed text-books while some are axillary, ancillary reads... When does this enforced readin transcend over to reading stuff of our own free will and making a choice about it?

I guess it starts off right at the beginning... from when we choose the book with the better pictures or bigger alphabets or musical pages... As we grow up the taste refines and segregates into much finer aspects of liking depending on your views, idelogies and the whole nine yards...

What you read is influenced by a whole essay of reasons.. ur friends and what they read, the books your parents dig into, the magazines and news papers your household has subscribed to, books recommeded by teachers, stuff lying ard at home, books available at the library, successful movies inspired from some novels, short stories to while away your time and smaller novels to tide away the holidays... the list keeps increasing as your scope and spectrum widens..

As I look back I understand the connection... If I understand the books you read; I would be very close to understanding the person your are....

No comments: